Lisa's Got Style



These beautiful, inspiring photos are from Lisa Barrett (one of my lovely customers from Canberra). Lisa sent me the photos to show how she used the Amy Butler Water Lotus fabric to make a throw for her sofa. I love how the whole room is tied together with the colours in the fabric. This is a perfect example of how Amy Butler's fabrics can be used in a contemporary setting without appearing too over-the-top.

Lisa has has an absolutely beautiful home and you can see many more inspiring images (such as the one below) from her home on her recently launched blog, Canberra's Got Style. I highly recommend you go and check it out!
Thanks for sharing these Lisa!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Gorgeous! I love the green and purple print!
Anonymous said…
What a gorgeous room!
Ju said…
What a fantastic place!!! I am also completely beside myself that I have found a supplier of Amy Butler down this end of the world!!
ninaribena said…
Hi, I just wanted to thank you so much for hooking me up with Louise Owens!!! The May 2009 edition of Australian Home Beautiful (out now) has an 8 page feature of my humble housie... and it's all thanks to you...

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

Lisa xxx
GinSpaghetti said…
Hi Lisa! Found your blog somehow and LOVE the throw you made! What did you use for the middle, did you use batting? I love Amy Butler's prints. SO sad Rowan is discontinuing Belle and Lotus. Greetings from NC! Gin
ninaribena said…
Thank you Gin! The throw certainly ties the colours in the room so perfectly! I did use a soft but solid/felty cotton batting in the middle and just stitched one inch inside the border to hold it in place. It's easy to wash and the weight helps it sit nicely on the lounge.

That is sad news about those ranges, I think those were her best ones!

cheers,

Lisa (Ninaribena)